27 February, 2015
3 Step Process for peeling and de-veining Shrimps/Prawns (Video)
Comments : 1 Posted in : A Recipe of ParsiCuisine.com, Fish, Resources, Video on by : Rita
- Hold the shrimp tail and pull hard to separate the shell.
- Peel the second remaining shell off.
- Using a sharp knife, slit the top portion of the shrimp, locate the black thread (vein) and dig it out. Use water if needed to wash the sticky vein off. This part is not a good thing to eat.
- Wash off the cleaned shrimps 3 times in cold running water.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to cook.