Parsi Mitthu Dahi (Sweet Yogurt)
Parsi Mitthu Dahi is a traditional parsi dish for Birthday, Navjote,
Wedding, Jashan and other auspicious occasions. Mitthu Dahi is served cold with
Sev, Ravo or just by itself.
2. Next add sugar and simmer for 15 minutes. Take off heat.
3. Cool till lukewarm to a finger dipped in. This might take 4 hours to cool. Do NOT put in refrigerator to cool.
4. Add yogurt, saffron and cardamom and mix with electric mixer or by hand till completely blended.
5. Pour into glass or plastic (heat proof) vessel. Cover with foil loosely.
6. Ferment for 12 to 15 hours overnight.
7. In morning store in refrigerator to chill. Serve cold.
Related Recipe: Yogurt Trifle