13 August, 2013
Bheja Kothmir na Parsi Style (Fresh Goat Brains) (from cookbook)Posted in : A Recipe of ParsiCuisine.com, Meats, Recipes on by : Rita Tags: Brains, Goat
- 6 Bhejas (Goat Brains)
- 6 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 big bunches Kothmir/Cilantro
- 3 tbsp Fried onion
- Green/spring garlic (lilu lasan)
- Salt as per taste
- Clean and wash bhejas – taking out the membranes carefully.
- Boil bhejas for 7 minutes in water.
- Cool the bhejas (no pun intended)
- In a flat nonstick pan and add oil and fry ginger garlic paste, saute for a while and add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt.
- Add green garlic and fry till it shrinks
- Now add cilantro and mix well.
- Cook till the oil separates
- When nice and reduced, add the bheja (fresh goat brain). Make sure they do not break.
- Once placed turn and simmer/cook for 15 more minutes
- Sprinkle fried onions (optional) on top
- Relish them with naan, rotli or bread.