From Punjab! In India this meat dish is a staple in Punjabi homes.
- 500 gm minced meat
- 1 tbsp oil (prefer canola oil, but any oil is fine. Usually peanut oil is used in India)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 500 gm onions-grated
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder coriander for garnish
- In a shallow broad dish, mix the oil and the onions. Cook uncovered at high for 25 minutes stirring thrice, till the onions are brown.
- Mix together the browned onions, kheema, ginger-garlic paste and cook uncovered on high for 10 minutes, stirring thrice.
- Mix in the tomato puree, salt, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder and the turmeric powder and cook at HI for 10 minutes and stirring it thrice.
- If there is excess liquid, lift the kheema out of the liquid and cook the liquid separately at HI for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the kheema, mix well and cook at HI for 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves.