31 October, 2013
Chicken Coconut Curry (from cookbook)
Comments : 1 Posted in : Chicken, Coconut, Cookbooks, Curry, E-Cookbook, Meats, Recipes on by : Rita Tags: Chicken
Chicken Curry made from coconut powder (khaman)
Chicken Curry :
- 4-5 marinated pieces of chicken(haldi,red chilly powder,salt n ginger-garlic paste )
- 2-3 spoons of oil
- 3-4 roughly chopped onions
- 1 full cup of coconut powder (khaman)
- 2 tea spoon of kashmiri chilly powder (Sugran Brand )
- ½ spoon tumeric powder
- 2 spoon home-made dhan-jeera powder
- 3 spoon home-made Ginger –garlic paste
- 1 spoon homemade garam –masala
- 1 small tomato
- 2 cubes of Maggie veggie cube (imp ingredient for more taste)
- Salt 2 taste
- Take a pan add oil , then add onions fry till slight brown in color.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste , red chilly powder, haldi, dhan-jeera powder and stir for 2-3 mins.
- Then add coconut powder and roast till it smells coconuty.
- Then cool d mixture and grind it 2 paste with tomato .
- Then take another pan add 1 spoon oil add the mixture n water as per gravy texture .
- Then add chicken pieces n then the 2 maggie veggie cubes and sprinkle garam masala and salt on top n cook for about 20 -30 mins or in cooker for 10 mins.
- Serve it hot with boiled rice or bread as per your taste.
- Tips – Don’t add too much salt as veggie cubes contains enough salt.