10 September, 2012
Nizami Chicken Recipe 1
Comments : 1 Posted in : Chicken, Entree, Meats, Recipes on by : Rita
- 2 inch piece of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp hot milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 medium onion-chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste 2 bayleaves
- 1 1/2 kg chicken-cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup water 4 green chillies
- 1/4 cup coconut-soaked in
- 1/2 a cup of hot water
- coriander leaves-roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp yogurt-whipped
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- 4 tbsp cream-whipped Grind together
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 3 cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 10 dried red chillies
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Grind all the ingredients from cumin seeds to the cinnamon to a fine paste.
- Extract the milk from the soaked coconut and set aside.
- Heat the saffron for 2 seconds, crush it, and then soak in hot milk.
- Heat oil and fry the onions till it is golden-brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the ground paste and bay leaves.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and 1/2 a cup of water and continue cooking, for approximately 20 minutes, over a low heat. When the chicken is almost cooked, add the coconut milk, green chillies, coriander leaves and yogurt.
- Cook till the chicken is tender.
- Add the cream and saffron and simmer for 2 minutes.