30 September, 2013
Posted in : Corn, Eggs, Entree, Recipes on by : Rita
by Parveen Wadia
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated Aged Gruyere cheese
- 3 cups whole milk
- 5 tsp unsalted butter
- 6 tblsp all purpose flour or maida
- 1 can Sweet corn Kernels (water squeezed out completely)
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Paprika or Tabasco
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 4 large egg yolks
- 5 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Butter a Soufflé dish or glass bowl
- Add butter in a non-stick pan over medium-low heat.
- Add green chilies and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add flour and whisk until mixture begins to foam and loses raw taste, about 3 minutes (do not allow mixture to brown).
- Gently pour in milk, whisking constantly until smooth and thick consistency.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in paprika, salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Add grated Gruyere, Parmesan and Corn kernels.
- Let sauce cool.
- Whisk the egg yolks and add to sauce.
- Transfer sauce to the prepared Soufflé dish.
- Using electric mixer, beat egg whites in another large bowl until stiff but not dry. .
- Gently fold in to the sauce with a wooden spoon.
- Place dish in oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 375F.
- Bake until soufflé is puffed and golden brown on top for about 25-30 minutes (or more depending on the varying oven temperature.)
- Let Soufflé stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately