9 September, 2012
Cucumber Chicken Eggdrop SoupPosted in : Chicken, Meats, Recipes, Soups, Vegetable on by : Rita
- 5 boneless chicken pieces.
- 2 med sized peeled and coarsely grated cucumbers.
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns.
- half an inch piece of grated ginger.
- 1 clove of mashed garlic.
- 1 cup milk.
- 2 tablespoons cream.
- 1 teaspoon butter.
- salt to taste.
- 2 eggs beaten up.
- 1 large sliced onion.
- Few very thinly sliced spring onion leaves.
- Put the chicken in a pressure cooker with 3 cups of water.
- Add ginger, garlic, bay leaf, onion, peppercorns and salt.
- Cook until chicken is tender for about 15 minutes.
- Strain the chicken , remove the chicken pieces and shred the meat off the bones.
- Put the chicken stock back on the stove and add the grated cucumber to it.
- Add the shredded chicken and butter, allow to simmer on slow fire.
- While its bubbling, drop the beaten egg in a thin drip slowly, beating the drop constantly with a fork into the soup.
- Add the spring onions for garnish. (optional)
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add fresh cream.
- Serve hot with garlic or crusty bread.