23 June, 2013
Fresh Mango Cheesecake (Eggless & No-Bake)Posted in : Dessert, Mango, Recipes, Snack on by : Rita
Fresh Mango Cheesecake (Eggless & No-Bake)
Cream cheese – 250 gm
Cream – 170 gm
Powdered Sugar – ½ cup
Mango puree – ¾ cup
Gelatin – 1 tbsp
Hot Water – ¼ cup
Digestive biscuits – 8 to 10 (I used Nutri Choice…turned out yum)
Salted table butter – ⅓ cup
1. Whiz the digestive biscuits in a chopper or food processor. You can also break them with hands and turn them into granules using a rolling pin after packing them in a zip-lock bag.
2. Add melted butter and whiz again until the mixture comes together. If doing with hands, then rub the biscuits and butter together till they combine.
3. Take an 8” springform pan and spread the biscuit mixture into the bottom. Press down firmly to make an even layer at the bottom. Refrigerate for about 20 mins while preparing the rest of the layers.
4. Mix the cream cheese, cream and sugar in a bowl with a spatula until well combined.
5. Add the gelatin powder to the hot water and stir till it completely dissolves.
6. Add this gelatin dissolved water to the mango puree and stir well. Keep half of this mixture aside and add the rest to the cream cheese mixture. Stir gently until well combined. The consistency should be quite thick.
7. Take the springform pan out of the refrigerator and pour this cheese-mango mixture on top of the biscuit base. Return to fridge for another 10-30 mins.
8. Once this sets well, pour the remaining mango mixture as the third layer. Make sure that your cheese layer has turned firm enough. If not, put it back to the fridge for a little longer to avoid the top mango layer mixing with the cheese layer.
9. Refrigerate the mango cheese cake for 8 to 9 hours or overnight. Top it with fresh mango pieces and attack!!