16 July, 2013
Grilled/Sauteed Basa Fish Fillets
~ Grilled/Sauteed Basa Fish Fillets ~
By Rohinton Ronz
1 kg Basa Fish fillets
Marinate for 1/2 an hour with:
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 sour lemon
- 1 tbsp grate of orange rind (optional)
- 1 large tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter mixed with 12-14 cloves crushed garlic (small-sized, country variety)
- Dry herbs 1 tbsp each of basil, thyme, celery, yellow mustard
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp each of chilli sauce, Worcestershire sauce, white vinegar
- 2 tbsp each of dark soya sauce and BBQ sauce
Leave marinated for 1/2 to 1 hour.
Put it under grill on high flame for first 10 min, flip fillets and grill for another 5 min on low.
Voila its done!
Another equally simpler way to do it is put a thick bottomed pan on high flame slightly greased with 1 tsp olive oil…pour in half marinade juices, lay fillets pieces side to side and pour over the remaining marinade.
Cook for 10 min on high flame without lid, then flip fillets and cook for another 5-8 min on full simmer, cover with high dome lid. Voila its done.
Serve with Vagharelli Khichri and Tareli Vengna ni Pori