Homemade Potato Tots ( Tater Tots )
- 8 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled, and hot
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onions (optional)
- canola oil or vegetable oil
- Finely shred or use a ricer while potatoes are still hot.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper and onion (if using).
- Heat 1/4-in oil in heavy pan.
- Form into small balls and drop in oil; fry until slightly golden.
- Drain on paper towels, then freeze for tater tot casseroles or to serve alone.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer.
- Bake in single layers on a greased baking sheet at 400 degrees until desired doneness.