8 May, 2013
KACHI KERI NO CHHUNDO this season’s Chhundo just freshly made!Posted in : Mango, Pickle, Recipes on by : Rita
- 1kg Raw Rajapuri mangoes
- 2kgs Sugar
- 1/4tsp Hing
- 2-3tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Jeera and jeera powder
- Salt to taste.
- Grate the raw mangoes, add sugar and put it on low fire.
- Keep stirring it intermittently by increasing the flame from low to high and vice versa.
- Cook till the sugar syrup reaches it thick consistency (actually put a bit of syrup between your thumb and index finger and test the consistency….we in gujarati say ‘ek taar ni chasni’).
- Let it cool.
- Add chiilli powder, salt, hing and jeera to it.
- Your chhunda is ready.
- You can also make chhunda under the SUN which we call “tarka chhayda no chhundo’ in the similar way, will take at least 15-20 days to cook.