10 June, 2013
by Nazneen Khodaiji
Bheendi ½ kg
Kari patta 2/3 leaves
Onions finely chopped 1
Chopped green chillies 2
Ginger/garlic paste 2 tsp
Haldi ¼ tsp
Red chilli powder ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Wash the Bheendi and let it dry for approx 4 to 6 hours.
- Wipe the bheendis with clean napkin and remove the excess moisture (by doing this procedure, it will let your bheendi be crispy and not STICKY).
- Cut the bheendi in small pcs.
- In a wok heat 1 tbsp of oil and add 3 pcs. kari patta, chopped onions, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and saute for 5 mts.
- Then add Bheendi and stir well and add haldi, red chilli powder and salt and then cook the bheendi but do not cover the wok as it will become moist and sticky. And do not add water also.
- Cook it open and on very slow fire.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.