Khari Puri with Onion Seeds
by Thrity Yazdi Tantra
- 1 cup maida
- 3 tabsp. Pure ghee
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp. Ajmo (caraway )/kalonji (onion seeds)/Jeera (cumin)/coarsely pounded black pepper
- (use any one all them, tastes different and good)
- ¼ tsp. chilli powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper powder
- Warm water to knead the dough
- Oil to fry
- Sieve the flour; add salt and seeds and dry spices.
- Heat ghee and pour over the flour and quickly mix with fork till all flour becomes crumbly.
- Knead the flour well add tablespoons of warm water to it to make a semi soft smooth ball.
- Divide the dough into two portions and keep one covered with a cloth.
- Roll out the dough into a thin chapatti and prick all over with a fork.
- Cut as desired, round with a biscuit cutter, square, diamond or stripes and fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Serve hot or cool and store.
- Nice and crisp anytime snack.