1 February, 2015
Levta no Patio / New England Smelts or Anchovies Sauce
Comments : 1 Posted in : A Recipe of ParsiCuisine.com, Fish, Garlic, Recipes, Sauce, Side Dish, Tomato on by : Rita
- 1kg levta (small fish like new england smelts, fresh anchovies, anchovies or smelts can be substituted)
- 2 tomatoes skinned and chopped
- 1 tbsp green chilly garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1tsp chilly powder
- 1tsp coriander cummin powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- chopped coriander leaves
- Marinate levta in salt, turmeric, chilly and dhanajeera powder
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Next add tomatoes and cook till soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 1 minute.
- Add levta and mix gently.
- Close lid and cook on medium flame without water for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and little fried onion.
- Serve hot with khichri