500 gms chicken
1 green chilli
2 cubed potatoes.
2 tsp chilli powder
1 tspn coriander powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
oil 3 tsp
3 tsp Madras curry powder (777)
7 curry leaves,
1 tblspn coriander leaves
- Chop the onions, tomatoes and slit the chilli
- Chop, wash and drain the water from chicken
- Heat oil in a pan add the chopped onions, curry leaves, slit chilli and fry until golden brown, then add the chopped tomatoes and cook till the oil separates.
- Add the chicken pieces, potatoes and salt and cook .
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and a cup of water and continue to let it simmer.
When the chicken is tender, sprinkle the curry powder , fresh coriander and wait till the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot with white steamed rice, sliced lemon and an onion salad.