Mawa Cake – a Parsi Mawa Cake / Khoya Cake that melts in you mouth. The texture and taste of the cake is simply amazing. And with the touch of cardamom it tastes like heaven.
Recipe from Cookbook: Mava Cake Lovers
By Parsi Cuisine
• 100 grams Mava (Aka Ricotta Cheese or Khoya)
• 200 grams Butter
• 250 grams Sugar
• 6 Eggs beaten
• 300 grams Refined flour (maida)
• Baking powder 5 grams
• Milk as required
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line the cupcake moulds with paper cups.
- In a bowl, add sugar and butter and beat together till light and creamy.
- Break the eggs into another bowl and whisk with an electric blender till frothy.
- Add Mava to the butter mixture and continue to whisk.
- Put refined flower and baking powder into a strainer and sift the mixture into the butter mixture.
- Add the eggs and mix. Add a little milk to get the correct consistency.
- Put the batter into the cupcake moulds and place them in the preheated oven and bake at 200°C for twenty five minutes.