250 gm flour
1 tbsp besan
1 tbsp ghee
water for kneading
oil for deep frying
100 gm caster sugar
150 gm khoya
100 gm chopped dried fruits
1/4 tsp green cardamom seeds
250 gm sugar
250 ml water
1/2 tsp saffron strands – soaked in 1 tbsp water
1. Sieve the flour and besan into a bowl. Rub ghee into the flour with fingertips. Put some water and knead well until dough is smooth.
2. Cover and keep it to cool for fifteen minutes. Mix all filling ingredients together.
3. For the syrup, dissolve the sugar in the water. Boil for five minutes. Stir in saffron and liquid.
4. Roll out dough into flat discs about 4″ in diameter. Put the filling in the center and seal the roll with a little water on its edges.
5. Fry kachoris over a slow flame in hot oil. When it turns golden brown take it out carefully and drain the excess oil.
6. Break the top of the kachoris and pour in 1 big spoon of saffron syrup before serving.