Ingredients (makes 10-12)
- All purpose flour/ maida 3/4 cup
- Water As needed
- Salt 3/4 tsp
- Oil 2 tsp
- Finely chopped cabbage 1 cup
- Finely chopped Carrot 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped garlic 1 tblsp
- Spring onion 4 –5 sprigs
- sugar 1/4 tsp
- Pepper (black) 1/2 tsp
- Soya sauce 1 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Oil 1 tblsp
- Mix flour, salt and oil in a bowl and add water to make a smooth pliable dough. Just like our poori dough. Keep aside covered.
- Heat a pan with oil, add garlic, and finely chopped white part of the spring onion. Give a stir in high flame. Add the chopped veggies, sugar and fry in high flame for a minute.
- Add salt, pepper, soy sauce and mix well. Lastly add finely chopped green part of the spring onion and mix for a minute in medium flame. Switch off and keep aside.
- I rolled the dough into a big disc and used a big lid to cut into smaller discs. After that I again roll to make it more thin. Keep some stuffing we prepared in the middle.
- Fold it to make momo shapes. (see photo)
- Steam it in a steamer spaced properly, for 5 minutes.