24 February, 2014
Comments : 3 Posted in : Chicken, Garlic, Kasuri Methi, Meats, Nuts, Recipes, Sauce, Yogurt / Dahi / Curd on by : Rita
By Jenifer Petigara Mistry
- 300 grams Boneless Chicken
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 20-30 grams cashewnuts powdered
- Pinch of kasuri methi powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- Fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tsp each garlic paste and ginger paste
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 2 green chilies cut in large pieces
- Marinate chicken in garlic paste and ginger paste, white pepper powder and green chilies for 30 minutes.
- Fry onions to very light golden color – do not over fry.
- Add kasuri methi and dry spices.
- Sauté and add marinated chicken and salt.
- Sauté well until the chicken is well coated and changes color.
- Add cashewnut powder and half a cup water.
- Simmer it till the chicken is cooked.
- Add more water if the gravy seems to be sticking to the bottom.
- Add yogurt and fresh coriander.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar if you like.
Serve hot with Nan or Steamed White Rice