11 July, 2013
400 gm paneer – cut into 1” pieces of ½” thickness.
1 small capsicum – chopped, 1 tbsp oil, 1 large onion – cut into semi circles.
some desi ghee or butter to spread, some chaat masala to sprinkle.
1 cup curd (dahi) – hang in a muslin cloth for 15 minutes and squeeze.
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander.
1 tbsp tandoori masala or mix together – ½ tsp jeera powder, ½ tsp garam masala.
½ tsp chaat masala, ¼ tsp kala namak.
1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp turmeric (haldi).
1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste.
1½ cups flour (maida), 1 cup whole wheat flour (atta), 2 tbsp oil, ½ tsp salt
make a paste with 1 tbsp ghee & ½ tbsp flour (maida)
DAHI PUDINA CHUTNEY
½ cup pudina leaves (½ bunch)
1 cup coriander leaves (hara dhania) – chopped along with the stem
2 green chillies – chopped, 1 onion – chopped
1½ tsp dried mango powder (amchoor), 1½ tsp sugar, ½ tsp salt.
1. Hang dahi (curd) in a muslin cloth for 15 minutes.
2. Mix all ingredients of marinade in a bowl. Mix well.
Add paneer and capsicum. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add marinated paneer and
capsicum. Cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes or till dry
and golden brown from both sides.
4. For roomali roti, mix both flours, oil and salt. Knead with enough water to a dough of rolling consistency. Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes. Make a paste of 1 tbsp ghee and ½ tbsp flour and keep aside. To make roomali rotis,roll out a small roti with a small ball of the dough. Spread 1 tsp paste on it. Roll out another roti of the same size and place on the paste. Roll out the stuck rotis to a big thin roti. Cook quickly on a hot tawa or the back of a kadhai without browning. Remove from tawa and immediately separate the two rotis. Fold both like a roomal (handkerchief) and keep in a casserole.
5. For the sandwich, unfold a roomali roti, spread some melted butter or desi ghee.
Put ¼ of the paneer tikka mixture in the centre. Crumble the pieces lightly.
6. Throw some onion slices on it. Sprinkle some chaat masala.
7. Sprinkle just 1 tbsp dahi-pudina chutney on the onions.
8. Fold the right and left sides and the other 2 sides also to get a square.
9. Put some ghee or butter on a tawa and fry on both sides till crisp. Cut into 4 pieces.
Serve hot with raita for a meal.