Scoop up this vibrant condiment with wedges of warm pita.
- 3 medium red or golden beets (about 1 pound), trimmed
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups plain 2% fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint plus torn leaves for serving
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons (or more) red wine vinegar
Preheat oven to 450°. Place beets in a small baking dish and add hot water to come 1/2-inch up sides of dish; season with salt. Cover beets with a piece of parchment paper, then cover dish tightly with foil.
Cook beets until tender, about 1 hour. Remove beets from baking dish, let cool slightly, then rub off skins with a paper towel. Coarsely grate beets.
Mix beets, yogurt, chopped mint, tarragon, oil, and 2 teaspoons vinegar in a medium bowl; season with salt and more vinegar, if desired. Cover and chill at least 3 hours to let flavors meld.
Top beet yogurt with mint leaves.
DO AHEAD: Beet yogurt can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.