31 May, 2013
Persian Garlic & Spinach YogurtComments : 1 Posted in : Herb, Persian, Recipes, Side Dish, Snack, Spinach, Vegetable, Vegetarian on by : Rita
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 11-ounce packages baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups plain 2% fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add half of spinach and cook, tossing often, until just wilted; transfer to a colander and let cool. Repeat with 1 tablespoon oil and remaining spinach. Squeeze spinach well to remove excess water, then coarsely chop.
Mix chopped spinach, garlic, yogurt, cilantro, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl; season with salt. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
DO AHEAD: Spinach-garlic yogurt can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled (garlic flavor will intensify as it sits).