16 December, 2013
Coconut Khaman Lavra (from cookbook)
Comments : 2 Posted in : Cherries, Coconut, Dessert, Mango, Recipes, Vegetarian on by : Rita Tags: Diwali
- 1 Cup Rava
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Decimated Coconut
- 1 Teaspoon Cardamon Powder
- 6 Tablespoons ( 1/2 Cup ) Ghee
- 3 Tablespoons Broken Cashews
- 2 Tablespoons Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Garnish: Red Cherries or Red Rose petals(washed) or Fruit Candy.
- Heat 2 tablespoon Ghee , over a medium heat roast cashews till they begin to change color .
- Add Raisins, watch carefully, they will turn plump in 30 seconds. Immediately add all the rava , mix and add 1 tablespoon Ghee.
- Cook 5 minutes , stirring constantly.
- Add coconut and Sugar along with 1 tablespoon Ghee . Cook 1 minute.
- Add rest of the ghee, stir 1 minute , place the mixture to cool on an open thali or deep dish platter.
- When cool , add 1 tablespoon milk to a small portion of this mixture .
- With a tablespoon or a icecream scoop, take 2 tablespoons of this wet mixture and shape into a ball
- Repeat the process , don’t take a shortcut by adding all the milk in one go, add as needed.
- Allow lavra to rest and firm up – 30 minutes or so
- Store in an airtight container.
Garnish: Red Cherries or Red Rose petals(washed) or Fruit Candy.
This is a sample recipe from our cookbooks