Congrats Dolly Contractor – you are the Friday Fiesta winner.
8 Wholemeal Tortilla Wraps / or whole meal chapatti’s
2 Cups Sugar
1 Mug of Ghee
Cardamom crushed seeds
Scraped Vanilla pod
In a pan 2 cups of sugar with 1.5 cup of water, boil until sugar is dissolved and sticky. (More sweetness to your taste).
Keep to a side.
8 tortillas tear and grind dry in the mixer.
Whisk 4 eggs in the mixer and keep aside.
1. In a big non stick wide Wok
2. Add ghee, when warm add ground wheat tortillas and keep stirring until nicely fried and moist.
3. Keep stirring while you add the sugar syrup.
4. Turn the heat low and keep stirring until the ground Tortillas have absorbed all the liquid.
5. Now turn the heat off and let it cool.
6. Whisking eggs in a bowl;
When luke warm, with a helping hand, one keeps stirring and the other person continues to drizzle eggs little at a time.
Don’t let the eggs curdle it should be blended well. Do not stop stirring for even a second.
7. Turn up the heat again.
8. Add more ghee, and keep stirring, until the Malido separates and it is nice and fluffy.
9. Add fried sliced almonds and sultanas.
Rose water, vanilla pod essence, nutmeg, cardamom, saffron.
10. Keep on stirring and at this stage you will see that the Malido will separate when you move your wooden spoon from one side to the other, and the ghee comes up.
11. Remove from the heat and dish it out to cool or serve hot.