15 July, 2013
Roasted leg of mutton on a bed of sliced potatoesPosted in : Goat or Lamb Mutton, Meats, Recipes on by : Rita
by Zarina Cama Clowsley
- 1 leg of goat meat. ( Raan)
- For the marinade:
- 2 cups of hung curd.
- 2 tbspn of kashmiri red chilli paste
- 2 tbspn of ginger/garlic paste
- 4 tbspn of dhanya/jeera powder
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbspn pepper corns
- 10 cloves of semi-smashed garlic
Mix all the marinade ingredients:
- 5 bay leaves, 10 cloves, 4 sticks of cinnamon, 1 tbspn pepper corns.
- 5 tbspn of pure ghee
- 1 cup of Kalverts Worcestershire sauce
- 5 sliced and fried onions
- Cut round slices of 5 potatoes and rub with salt and pepper
- Few sprigs of Dil ( Sua bhaji), mint, coriander
- 5 sachets of dominoes Italian dressing and paprika
- Poke the leg and stuff it with the garlic and pepper corns.
- Apply the marinade well and let the leg remain marinated for 3 days in the fridge.
- In a big flat dish fry sliced onions with bay leaf, cinnamon, black pepper(my fav), cloves, in homemade ghee(lots of it).
- Add in the marinated leg to sear it well, and coat the leg with about 1 cup of Kalverts Worcestershire sauce and cook it for about 10 min on each side on a slow flame.
- Take the baking tray, grease with butter, layer it with the roundels of potatoes which are rubbed with salt and pepper and sachets of dominoes Italian dressing , now layer it with the fried onions and put the leg on top, cover the leg with red paprika sprigs of coriander, dil(sua), mint leaves and cover the tray with aluminium foil and bake it for 1.30 min on each side, in a preheated oven at around 180 degrees. (3 hrs of baking in total)