10 June, 2013
Saucy Garlic Fish (from cookbook)Posted in : Entree, Fish, Recipes, Sauce, Side Dish on by : Rita
Saucy Garlic Fish Recipe:
- 1 kg white fish fillet
- One medium onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp whole jeera
- ¼ tsp haldi
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp curry mixture powder
- 3 tbsp ginger/garlic paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 gloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped green chillies and 2 chillies slit into half (remove the seeds)
- 1 tsp all purpose flour – make paste adding little water and stir it.
- Coriander leaves
- Clean the fish with water and haldi.
- Marinate with ¼ tsp haldi, ¼ tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp coriander powder and 2 tbsp ginger/garlic paste and 1 tbsp of oil.
- Marinate for one hour in the fridge.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the marinated fish crisped. And set it a side.
- Heat little oil in a wok and add finely chopped onions, finely chopped green chillies, finely chopped garlic and whole jeera.
- Saute for 5 minutes then add 1 tbsp ginger/garlic paste, ¼ tsp curry mixture powder.
- Saute for 5 minutes and add 2 cups (as you require your consistency) of water gradually.
- Add the flour paste slowly and keep stirring. Once the sauce is cooked, taste and add the fried fish and keep on slow fire for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leave and slit green chillies.