Join us in our contest ‘Chalo Jamva ji’.
Share your Parsi seafood recipes and win some pesca goodies.
Follow the steps to Participate:
1) Send your recipe on: email@example.com
2) Share this Post
3) Like us
Winner is Tasneem Lokhandwala
And the winning recipe is:
Prawn Vindaloo – Tasneem Lokhandwala
Shelled prawns 1 lb
Onions 3 large
Dry red chilies (remove seeds) 8
Garlic 1 pod
Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tbsp
Ginger 2 small pieces
Tamarind 1 marble sized lump
Vinegar 4 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Chopped Coriander 1 tbsp
Ghee or oil 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Steps to Cook:
1) Grind all the spices except half the ginger, to a fine paste, moistened only with some vinegar.
2) First chop and fry the onion in 1 tbsp oil or ghee to a golden brown, then add the ground spices and fry for a few minutes more.
3) Add the prawns and salt. Mix well.
4) Add remaining (chopped) ginger and vinegar.
5) Cook on a low heat for about 30 mins, taking care the prawns do not disintegrate.
6) When the gravy begins to thicken, remove from the heat. In another saucepan, heat 1 tbsp oil or ghee.
7) Put in mustard seeds and coriander leaves
8) When the leaves turn almost brown, remove from the heat and pour over the gravy.