- 2 pounds lamb mince
- 2 pounds chicken mince,
- 1/4 cup khus khus,
- 8 cloves,
- 1 large stick of cinnamon crushed,
- 5-6 green elaichi pods seeded,
- 2 tablespoons of whole black pepper,
- 4-5 whole red chilies,
- 7-8 cloves of garlic,
- 1 two inch piece of ginger,
- 1/4 cup of chick peas (daria),
- 3 green chilies,
- 1 onion cup in 4 pieces,
- 2 egg whites,
- 3 tblspns of yoghurt,
- 2-3 tblspns of oil
- Salt as needed.
For the filling: Mix in a bowl 1 very finely chopped onion, 1/2 bunch chopped coriander (kothmir) and few sprigs of finely chopped mint leaves
- In a large non-stick pan heat 1 tblsp of oil and add the lamb and chicken mince and all the above ingredients.
- Let cook until all the liquid evaporates.
- Let the dish cool. Blend the cooked mixture in a Cuisinart blender with the yogurt until a thick smooth mixture.
- Taste for spiciness and salt.
- Empty contents in a large glass bowl.
- Make round balls, flatten in your palm and spoon in a tiny bit of the onion, coriander (kothmir) and mint mixture and make a round again and flatten into a pattie as in the picture above.
- Heat a non stick pan and put a few drops of oil until hot and drop each Patti dipped in egg white (on medium heat) until both sides brown.
- Garnish with lemon slices/or squeezed lemon juice and onion rounds and serve hot.