Makes 12 (1 Dozen)
- 250 grams green peas (or Surti Lilva).
- 250 Grams Potato.
- 1 cup Grated Coconut.
- 1/2 cup Coriander (very finely chopped)
- 2 Teaspoon Ghee
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon each Ginger Garlic Green Chilly paste.
- Few Raisins & chopped Cashew nuts.
- Canola Oil for Deep Frying
- 1 cup Arrowroot powder.
- Salt & Sugar powder as per taste
- 1 lime’s juice
- 1 tsp Sauf (variayali)
- Pressure Cook potatoes (5 minutes) set aside to cool. Peel the skins and keep aside.
- Saute the green peas or lilva and masala in ghee till golden brown add raisins & cashew nuts, set aside to cool.
- Saute coconut till golden brown set aside to cool.
- Add coriander leaves in the sauteed ingredients, add some salt & sugar powder & mix well.. form into small palm sized balls..
- Mash the boiled potatoes, add salt & a bit of sugar powder to taste & make small but not very thick cups to stuff the kachori balls.
- Stuff these cups with the green pea mixture from step 2.
- Empty the Arrowroot powder in a large plate & spread evenly.
- Roll the balls one by one in the plate for covering the balls completely in the powder.
- Deep fry till light golden brown on low heat. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.