Toffee Coated Banana (from cookbook)
- Cut one banana into 4 parts (once lengthwise and then make it into halves) then dip it into a batter of:
- 1 egg
- 50 grams cornflour
- 50 grams refined flour or maida
- 50 ml milk
- salt, sugar, vanilla essence to taste
- Fry the banana’s.
- Make a caramel by burning sugar in water and add butter (that gives you the toffee flavor) and dip the banana’s in the hot caramel with the help on satay sticks and quickly keep them in ice cold water once dipped in caramel.
- Sprinkle til seeds (sesame seeds) as garnish.
This is a sample recipe from our cookbooks