Traditional Parsi Akuri made the old fashioned way and with the old fashioned taste!
My daughter Roshni says: After years of observing and searching and finally finding the right vessel in Ahmedabad, I have finally achieved Parsi akuri just like my grandmother’s! (yes, the pot/pan makes a difference). Akuri is basically scrambled eggs.
- The way you make each dish changes based on the method and process used in cooking the eggs.
- Ingredients change the flavor of the spicy scrambled egg dish.
- You can make it spicy, sweet and savory as in Bharuchi Akuri.
- You can use akuri as a filling as in Akuri Pattice
- You can use it as a filling as in a sandwich (2 slices of buttered bread with akuri and grilled)
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp of Ghee or Canola Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 onion chopped very fine
- 1 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh Coriander (kothmir) chopped (optional)
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 2 tsp pieces of fresh finely chopped garlic and ginger or ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp each Coriander and Cumin (dhanajeeru)
- 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fry onion till pinkish brown, add tomatoes.
- Stir well and see that tomatoes are tender then add the ginger & garlic paste.
- Stir well then add all the dry powder spices. Saute until the oil comes up than lower heat to lowest possible.
- Beat eggs with a fork in a new bowl. Beat till frothy. Now add beaten eggs to the pan and stir cooked to the consistency of scrambled eggs. Serve to the egg consistency you desire. I like it runny and soft, some like it well-cooked and hard.
[amazon_link asins=’B008NOCYWC,B00F9WG6V6,B000WR4LMY,B01ETL0Y6U,B01M7SE3SZ,B019G9P3OI’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’1447-5689-3485′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’8470c1b5-dad5-11e6-8e68-b7953550c7e8′]
[amazon_link asins=’B003CI8JNM,B000RHVH58,B00MYRUYAI,B00BBTP4U0′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’1447-5689-3485′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’625781a0-dad5-11e6-a4f2-79354cb3dd31′]
[amazon_link asins=’B001PQOAOA,B003WLZX7Y,B00269XE0Q,B00L923N7K,B003T07T7U’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’1447-5689-3485′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’bfde87dd-dad5-11e6-b24f-23134b6008a0′]