My daughter Roshni says: After years of observing and searching and finally finding the right vessel in Ahmedabad, I have finally achieved Parsi akuri just like my grandmother’s! (yes, the pot/pan makes a difference). Akuri is basically scrambled eggs.
- The way you make each dish changes based on the method and process used in cooking the eggs.
- Ingredients change the flavor of the spicy scrambled egg dish.
- You can make it spicy, sweet and savory as in Bharuchi Akuri.
- You can use akuri as a filling as in Akuri Pattice
- You can use it as a filling as in a sandwich (2 slices of buttered bread with akuri and grilled)
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion chopped very fine
- 1 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh Coriander (kothmir) chopped (optional)
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 2 tsp pieces of fresh finely chopped garlic and ginger or ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp of(haldi)
- 1/2 tsp each Coriander and(dhanajeeru)
- 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
Method 1. Fry onion till pinkish brown, add tomatoes. 3. Stir well and see that tomatoes are tender then add the ginger & garlic paste. 4. Stir well then add all the dry powder spices. Saute until the oil comes up than lower heat to lowest possible. 5. Beat eggs with a fork in a new bowl. Beat till frothy. Now add beaten eggs to the pan and stir cooked to the consistency of scrambled eggs. Serve to the egg consistency you desire. I like it runny and soft, some like it well-cooked and hard.