- 2 brains cleaned and cut into three sections
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp dhansak masala (u get it readymade or you can substitute with readymade garam masala or put 1/2 tsp each coriander, cumin and garam masala additional)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp fresh green garlic (optional on availability)
- 2 slitted deseeded green chillies
- Marinate brains in salt and all the spices and masalas except fresh coriander, green chillies and green garlic. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- In a pan medium heat some oil add the green chillies. Once they are fragrant add the green garlic if using and the fresh coriander.
- Sauté for 20 secs and add brain. Cook it covered occasionally stirring on low heat for 10 minutes or so. It does not need long to cook.