Congratulations to our member Sheroo Rusi Parekh
This is such a authentic patio from Udvada, India.
Served with Dhan Dar or Khichri it makes a satisfying Lunch Main Course.
1/2 cup.PRAWNS-COCONUT PAATIYO
(Please use quantities as per your taste)
I’m giving below the approximate quantities. Please do adjust according to your taste & understanding. Thanks.
- 350 gms. Prawns
- 2 medium onions finely chopped.
- 1/2 cup. Spring onions & greens
- 1/2 cup. Spring garlic & greens
- about 3 sprigs. Curry leaves
- 3 medium tomatoes. Tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon. Besan / Gramflour
Dry masala / spice powders :
- 1/2 tspn. Haldi / Turmeric
- Chilli powder depending on spiciness of the chillies & as per taste.
- 1/2 tspn. Black Pepper powder
- 1/2 tspn All spice / garam masala powder or as per taste.
Grind together :
- 1/2. Coconut
- 1 cup. Kothmir / Cilantro
- Green chillies as per taste.
- 1 tbspn. Jeera / Cumin
- 1-1/2 tbspn Dhaniya /Coriander
- 1/4 tspn. Methi / Fenugreek seeds
- 1 tspn. Rai / Mustard seeds
- 2 tspns. Saunf / Fennel seeds
- 5 cloves. Garlic
- 2 medium. Onion
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add curry leaves & sauté.
- Add finely chopped onions & fry till light golden brown.
- Add little besan / gramflour & sauté.
- Add ground masalas & all above-mentioned dry masala powders except Garam masala powder.
- Sauté till oil separates.
- Add tomato puree, spring onions & spring garlic with greens & mix. Let it dry.
- Add all spices / Garam masala powder & salt. Mix well.
- Add prawns & let it cook with little water till done.
- Add vinegar & sugar.
- Garnish with kothmir / cilantro.
Have it with Chapattis, Naan, Rotli or dhaan-daar.