by Dolly Contractor
- 1 cup flour (atta)
- 6 small eggs (put less eggs if they are large)
- 2 – 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup milk (remove cream)
- 7 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp essence of vanilla
- 15 gms pista (finely chopped)
- 25 gms almonds (finely chopped)
- 1 1/4 cup ghee
- Beat the eggs and mix with sugar, milk and coconut milk.
- Let the sugar dissolve.
- To this mixture, add the flour in small amounts, at a time, and stir continuously till it forms into a smooth paste or batter. (Do not let the flour form lumps).
- Add the pista, almonds, vanilla essence and a little ghee to the batter.
- Let this batter settle for approx. 2-3 hours.
- Heat a griddle (tavaa) or frying pan and put 1 tsp ghee.
- After the ghee has melted, pour 1 tbsp of the batter on the tavaa and tilt the tavaa so that the batter covers its surface.
- Keep on low flame till one side is golden colored, then flip over and cook the other side.
- When both sides are cooked, fold the pancake into four and remove on a plate.
- Repeat this process for the remaining batter.
- Serve hot or cold, either on breakfast or evening tea.
Editors Note: There are many variation of these pancakes.
- You can add cardamon instead of vanilla essence.
- Omit the nuts. Add fruits on top while serving.
- Make sugar less if diabetic.
- Use Splenda or a sugar substitute
- No syrup required since sugar is already added.