Skip to content
October 9, 2018
6 cups milk
1/4 cup raw Rice
1 cup sugar
Few pistachios, almonds and saffron strands for garnish
1 tsp cardamom powder
1. Process the raw rice in any food chopper till it is broken up in small bits.
2. Boil the rice, milk and sugar till creamy consistency.
3. Add in the cardamom and let it cool.
4. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios, chopped almonds and saffron strands and refrigerate.
When you are ready to serve, pour milk pudding into a decorative dessert dish. I used my icecream dessert cup, makes a good effect when you hand your guests the dessert.
This Indian dessert is a favorite at Diwali time or in any party. It is called DOODH PAK in Indian gujarati. Doodh is the word for milk, and pak is term for a sweet dessert.
- Instant Pot: Dhansak (Lentils with meat) or Masala Dal (Lentils without meat)
- Pickled Cranberry Apple Sauce