Bahman mahino is over!
Chicken and other meat recipes are at http://www.parsicuisine.com/Recipes/recipes/meats/
All cultures have meatballs. It is just not an Italian favorite!
This such an universal food.
Let us know what your culture calls a meatball?
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
6 garlic cloves, finely grated
4 teaspoons finely grated peeled ginger
4 teaspoons ground turmeric
2 teaspoons garam masala
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1½ cups whole-milk yogurt
1 tablespoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter) or vegetable oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
¼ cup tomato paste
6 cardamom pods, crushed
2 dried chilies or 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
2 cups heavy cream
¾ cup chopped fresh cilantro plus sprigs for garnish
2 Cups Steamed Basmati rice
Combine garlic, ginger, turmeric, garam masala, coriander, and cumin in a small bowl.
Whisk yogurt, salt, and half of spice mixture in a medium bowl; add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and chill 4-6 hours. Cover and chill remaining spice mixture.
Heat ghee in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add onion, tomato paste, cardamom, and chiles and cook, stirring often, until tomato paste has darkened and onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add remaining half of spice mixture and cook, stirring often, until bottom of pot begins to brown, about 4 minutes.
Add tomatoes with juices, pureeing them in mixer before. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often and scraping up browned bits from bottom of pot, until sauce thickens, 8-10 minutes.
Add cream and chopped cilantro. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 30-40 minutes.
Skewer bite-size chicken pieces and grill on a Tandoor Oven or indoor/outdoor Grill or a 400 C oven for 10 minutes. Idea is to grill to a dark brown color and taste. (This is the secret to a good chicken tikka masala)
Add to sauce, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 5 minutes. Serve with rice and cilantro sprigs.
TIP: Chicken can be made 2 days ahead. Cover; chill. Reheat before serving.
Grilled Tandoori Chicken
- 8 to 10 Kashmiri Red dry chillies
- 10 to 15 leaves of Phuduna(mint)
- Fresh Coriander leaves (dhanya)
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Lime
- 1 tea spoon salt
- 5 to 6 Cashews
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- 2 full green chillies
- Garnish – lime slices, raw sliced onions and fresh coriander (optional)
- Mix all of above ingredients and grind in a blender till you get a fine paste.
- Add freshly grated 1/2 tsp Black pepper on the chicken after applying the paste.
- Let it marinate for 6 to 7 hours.
- Preheat outdoor grill or indoor oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken on a foil (Tip – oil the foil to avoid from sticking)
- Grill or bake for 45 minutes or till done. Chicken should be tender and not pink from inside.
- Serve hot as shown on a sizzler tray with lime slices, raw sliced onions and fresh coriander on top.
1 lb Turkey or Chicken minced
1 tbsp. Cumin (Jeera) powder
1 tsp Red chili powder
1 tsp White pepper powder
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil 4 tsp
4 tbsp. Cashew nuts(pounded)
5 tbsp Gram flour (besan)
2 tbsp. Ginger, Garlic each (finely chopped)
4 tsp Onions(chopped)
5 tbsp. Green coriander(chopped)
1 tsp Garam masala
Oil for basting
Butter for brushing
3 Lemons (cut into wedges)
1. Whisk the eggs, add cumin powder, red chilli powder, white pepper powder, salt, and oil.
2. Add cashew nuts, gram flour, ginger, garlic, onions, green coriander, and garam masala.
4. Mix well. Divide into 10 equal portions.
5. With wet hands, wrap two portions along each skewer.
6. Keep 2 inch between each portion. Prepare 5 skewers like this.
7. Roast in a moderately hot tandoor or charcoal grill for about 6 minutes until golden brown in color, or roast in a preheated oven at 150°C (300°F) for 8 minutes, basting with oil just once.
8. Remove from skewers and brush with butter.
9. Serve hot, garnished with onion rings and lemon wedges