120 gm Egg white
100 gm Castor sugar
125 gm Almond powder
200 gm Icing sugar
Whip egg whites and castor sugar till soft peak.
Add sieved almond powder and icing sugar.
Fold in with a spatula.
Add a drop of gel colouring.
Pipe on paper with the shape drawn on the underside.. Bang the tray several times to release air bubbles. Leave the tray till the piped macraons are no longer tacky when lightly touched. Bake at 150 C for around 15 minutes. Let them cool thoroughly. Sandwich them with ganache or any filling of your choice.
1 cup fine powdered sugar
2 cups roasted and ground Almonds or Hazelnuts
3 eggs white
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 ½ cup very lightly roasted slivered/flaked almonds
1 tsp. Butter for greasing fingers
2 tbsp. powdered sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment or butter paper.
- In a glass bowl, combine ground almond powder, essence, sugar and white of the eggs. Mix very well till sugar melts. It will remain a bit sticky.
- Spread the Almond slivers in a plate. Grease your finger tips with little ghee/butter. Take big scoop of batter and softly roll into a rough ball and roll them in the almond slivers, coating them evenly on all sides.
- Place all the balls on the baking sheet at a distance, and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. You may sprinkle little powdered sugar on top.
- These melt in the mouth macaroons will remain moist from inside and crisp on the outside.
- Cool and store.
Sample recipe from my cookbook.