13 June, 2013
Hazelnut Almond Macroons (from cookbook)Posted in : Cake and Pastry, Dessert, Eggs, Recipes on by : Rita
by Thrity Yazdi Tantra
1 cup fine powdered sugar
2 cups roasted and ground Hazelnut or Almonds
3 eggs white
3 tsp. orange zest (only the orange portion)
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 ½ cup very lightly roasted slivered/flaked almonds
1 tsp. Ghee/butter for greasing fingers
2 tbsp. powdered sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment or butter paper.
- In a glass bowl, combine ground Hazelnut/almond powder, (I used hazelnut powder) , orange zest, essence, sugar and white of the eggs. Mix very well till sugar melts. It will remain a bit sticky.
- Spread the Almond slivers in a plate. Grease your finger tips with little ghee/butter. Take big scoop of batter and softly roll into a rough ball and roll them in the almond slivers, coating them evenly on all sides.
- Place all the balls on the baking sheet at a distance, and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. You may sprinkle little powdered sugar on top.
- These Melt in the mouth macaroons will remain moist from inside and crisp on the outside.
- Cool and store.