1 cup fine powdered sugar
2 cups roasted and ground Almonds or Hazelnuts
3 eggs white
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 ½ cup very lightly roasted slivered/flaked almonds
1 tsp. Butter for greasing fingers
2 tbsp. powdered sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment or butter paper.
- In a glass bowl, combine ground almond powder, essence, sugar and white of the eggs. Mix very well till sugar melts. It will remain a bit sticky.
- Spread the Almond slivers in a plate. Grease your finger tips with little ghee/butter. Take big scoop of batter and softly roll into a rough ball and roll them in the almond slivers, coating them evenly on all sides.
- Place all the balls on the baking sheet at a distance, and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. You may sprinkle little powdered sugar on top.
- These melt in the mouth macaroons will remain moist from inside and crisp on the outside.
- Cool and store.