1 November, 2013
Besan Ladoo (from cookbook)
Besan ladoo (bengal gram flour ladoo)
- 4 cups Bengal gram flour (besan)
- 3 cups Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Green cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
- 2 ½ cups of Ghee (clarified butter)
- Dry fruits for garnishing
1. Take 4 cups of Besan and 2 ½ cups of ghee in a kadhai and roast the besan flour while on a very very low flame with continuous stirring so that the flour does not burn and it will burn easily if you leave stirring,till the besan is roasted. It may take 45 minutes to 1 hour for the besan to roast.
2. Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
3. When it is cool enough add the castor sugar and mix well with the roasted besan. Add 1 tsp of Green cardamom powder and mix well.
4. Bind the ladoo’s with 1 or 2 raisins.
5. Keep the prepared ladoo’s on a plate and leave them to dry overnight.
6. Store in airtight containers so that remain fresh.