Bhakra with toddy, ale, beer or cider
by Dolly Contractor
Bhakhra is a popular Parsi snack recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Bhakra by following this easy recipe.
• 500 gms Whole wheat flour
• 150 gms Rava
•100g self raising flour
• 120 gms sugar (or to your taste)
• 120 gms Cashew nuts/almonds
• 2 teaspoon flat Baking Powder
• 2 teaspoon Nutmeg
• 2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
Essence few drops
• **Toddy (1/2 Bottle, **see optional)
• 4 tbsp Oil / ghee to add in atta mixture
• Salt to
(**Toddy OR Ale / Beer Or Apple Cider ( Not Vinegar, just Cider) to bind )**
How to make Bhakhra:
• Mix flour and rava.
• Add powdered sugar, cashew nuts, ghee, sugar, salt, nutmeg powder, 2 teaspoon baking powder and cardamom powder.
Add eggs and mix.
• Mix with toddy or Apple Cider
(*BUT _NOT_ VINEGAR*) and prepare dough.
• Cover it and keep it for 3 hours in a warm place.
• sprinkle flour of surface,
Roll out thick, cut rounds, repeat with rest of the dough.
• Heat half oil & half ghee (“according to your pan” half filled not to the brim).
Fry them over medium flame.
• Serve hot with tea. Enjoy
(“PS This time I used frothy Beer!”)