Recipe Contest Winner: Congratulations to our member Dolly Contractor
Bhakhra is a popular Parsi snack recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Bhakra by following this easy recipe.
• 500 gms Whole wheat flour
• 250 gms self raising
• 250 gms Rava (semolina)
• 120 gms sugar (or to your taste)
• 120 gms Cashew nuts/almonds
• 2 teaspoon flat Baking Powder
• 2 tsp Nutmeg
• 2 tsp Cardamom powder
• 2 tsp full Caraway seeds
Essence few drops
• Toddy (1/2 Bottle, see optional)
( I used Apple cider instead of Toddy)
• 4 tbsp Oil/ghee
• Pinch of salt
• 2-3 eggs
(OPTIONAL: *Toddy OR Ale / or Beer Or Apple Cider (NOT Vinegar, just Cider – to bind )
How to make Bhakhra:
• Mix all flours and rava together
• Add powdered sugar, cashew nuts, ghee, sugar, salt, nutmeg powder, caraways, 2 teaspoon baking powder and cardamom powder.
Add eggs and mix.
• Mix with toddy or “Apple Cider”
(BUT NOT VINEGAR) and prepare dough.
• Cover it and keep it for 3 hours in a warm place.
• sprinkle flour of surface,
Roll out thick, cut rounds, repeat with rest of the dough.
• Heat half oil & half ghee
Fry them over medium flame.
• Serve hot with tea. Enjoy.