Parsi Chai with Mint / Fudino, Lemon grass / Leeli Chai
- Removes Headaches, Muscle aches, soothes and relaxes.
- Dried lemon grass leaves make a zesty, refreshing drink that is highly satisfying both hot and cold. It has a light lemony taste, with slight hint of ginger. And is known to lift a sagging spirit, as well as aid digestion. Recent studies also show that Lemon Grass has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Best of all, it tastes great. If you have yet to try it, we recommend it highly. Naturally caffeine-free.
- 2 cups water
- 4 tea bags, or 4 tsps loose black tea
- 2 cups milk, Highfat or Lowfat – your choice
- 4 Mint leaves chopped fine (mint aka fudino)
- 4 leaves of leeli chai chopped fine (Lemon grass aka Leeli chai)
- 4 tsp. sugar (or to taste)
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add Mint leaves and Leeli chai.
- Add tea, reduce heat, and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk and sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain and serve.
Related Recipes and Articles:
- Leeli Chai/Lemon Grass Health benefits
- Cardamom Tea Recipe
- Irani Chai and Samosas
- Masala Chai
- Boston Atheanaeum Tea