Chicken Liver Aleti Paleti
Aleti Paleti | Parsi Bhonu with Chef Kayzad | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Aleti Paleti – a classic Parsi breakfast dish made by cooking lamb offals and potatoes in a tomato masala.
Served with pav.
ALETI PALETI Recipe 1
Ingredients 15 grams mutton kidney fat,
chopped 1 tablespoon oil
1 medium onion,
finely chopped 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon ginger-green chilli-cumin seed paste
200 grams mutton liver, cut into small pieces
50 grams mutton lungs, cut into small pieces
2 mutton kidney, halved
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
2 teaspoons coriander powder
Salt to taste
1 large potato, peeled, cut into cubes and fried
2-4 fresh coriander sprigs + for garnishing
Pav for serving
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add kidney fat and sauté for 1 minute. Add onion and sauté till golden.
2. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add ginger-green chilli-cumin seed paste, mix well and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add liver, lungs and kidney, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add chilli powder, coriander powder and salt, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add some water, mix and cook on low heat for 10-12 minutes. Add fried potato and mix well.
5. Finely chop 2-4 coriander sprigs, add to cooked mutton mixture and mix well.
6. Garnish with a coriander sprig and serve hot with pav.
ALETI PALETI Recipe 2
250 gm Chicken livers with gizzards
1 quartered Hard boiled egg
2 sliced Onions
2 chopped Tomatoes
2 fried, quartered Potatoes
3 chopped Green chilies
1 bunch coriander
2 slit Chilies
1/2 tsp Chilly powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Curry powder
1/4 tsp Cumin powder
3/4 tsp Garlic-ginger paste
1 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
1. Wash and boil the gizzards and marinate with the raw, cleaned, liver in the garlic and ginger paste with chilly powder for 10 minutes.
2. Fry the onion in hot oil until golden brown and add all the masala saute.
3. When the masala has cooked, add the tomatoes, chilies, half of the coriander, cover and cook until the oil exudes.
4. Add the livers and gizzards, mixing gently and allow to cook for about 6-7 minutes.
5. Add the quartered eggs, fried potatoes and garnish with the remaining coriander.
The NY Times Style Magazine article on the famous Parsi Ripon Club – ParsiCuisine.comMay 5, 2019, 10:46 pm
[…] the food was startlingly fresh: scrambled eggs vivid with green garlic uprooted from the backyard; aleti paleti, an herb-strewn sauté of chicken livers, kidneys and lungs; and a glass of pristinely sour yogurt […]