Cucumber Pickle made fresh from Summer Cucumbers
Made fresh from Summer Cucumbers, which are a plenty here in USA 🙂
With 5 large ones and the heat of the summer, I knew these cukes would go bad soon. After 5 minutes of wondering what to do with the whole batch, I thought of making a pickle/pani nu achar with the cucumbers. Guess what it was delicious. My hubby and son gobbled it up so fast, next thing I know Jim brings more cucumbers and asks for the same pickle to be made again.
Serve pickle as a condiment, use in Sandwiches.
- 5 large cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 1 cup White Vinegar
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Red Chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida powder (Hing)
- 1 tsp Fenugreek powder
- 1 large airtight jar
- Put the cucumber slices in the airtight jar. Make sure the jar is bone dry.
- Mix all the spices into the vinegar and pour over the cucumbers.
- Let pickle marinate for 5 days if you can. (Mine got gobbled up in the first week)
Get Cookbook: Pickles, Preserves and Chutneys by Rita Kapadia
* Dill can be Substituted
A traditional and very easy Mango Pickle (Pani nu Achaar) is made with raw green mangoes and this recipe can be used with raw green mangoes.
[amazon_link asins=’B006POH22Y,B000JMFEL4,B000JMDJ52,B00EPLGF7M,B00K2TD5NI’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’parscuis-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’6756d1af-586a-11e7-b4f0-ddb32cd3ecae’]