Delicious Chicken Puffs
On this #NationalPieDay Pastry + Filling = pie.
2 cups chicken breasts
1 tsp black pepper
2 green chillies
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 cup ghee
1 cup maida
2 cups milk or as needed for sauce
2 tbsp Mayo
1 Cup parmesan cheese grated
Salt and pepper to taste
1 muffin pan
1 box of Pillsbury puff pastry
1 egg for egg-wash
- Cook chicken breasts with black pepper and salt in some water, drain and keep.
- Slice into thin pieces.
- In a saucepan and add ghee, onion, green chillies, garlic and ginger.
- Saute till onions are soft and translucent.
- Stir in the flour and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Next add milk in batches stirring continuously to avoid lumps. Let the white sauce come to a boil and then add all the ingredients except the Pillsbury pastry.
- Cool filling
- Make 11 large circles of pastry as shown in video
- Make 11 small circles of pastry as shown in video
- Fill the muffin pan with large pastry circles
- Add filling and top with the smaller circle of pastry
- Brush with an egg-wash (Mix 3 tsp water + beaten egg)
- Preheat oven to 420 F
- Bake till pastry is puffed and golden brown