|Dudh Na Puff (Milk froth)
- This delicious and nutritious drink is traditionally made in the winter.
- Fresh milk is used and to cool the milk, it was put out on an open terrace or flat roof overnight.
- In this century we use the refrigerator and USA dairy cow’s milk.
- Best served immediately in the morning or refrigerate for later.
Serves 3-6 glasses
Recipe for Dudh na Puffs
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 drop Rose essence (optional)
- Boil milk to a full boil.
- Add sugar and boil for 5 minutes
- Cool and refrigerate overnight in covered airtight glass bowl
- Add Rose essence if desired
- Beat with egg beater or whisk till froth develops.
- Spoon the froth into a glass and serve immediately