Easy Creamy Coconut Delight or Parsi Kopra Pak
1 cup coconut, grated. (frozen grated coconut)
1 1/2 cup Sugar
3 tablespoon Cream
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and cardamom powder
Few drops red colouring
1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon butter
1/2 cup pistachio nuts optional
1. Grease a tray with butter.
2. In a pan add grated coconut and sugar and put on medium fire. Blend well stirring constantly with wooden spoon for 2 minutes.
3. Add cream and blend well.
4. Cook, stirring constantly till mixture leaves sides of pan and coats the spoon.
5. Add vanilla essence and few drops of red coloring to give mixture a good pink colour. Mix well.
6. Turn out into tray, sprinkle nutmeg and cardamom powder over surface and spread out mixture evenly to 1 cm (1/2 inch) thickness.
7. Cool for 15 minutes, then mark into 3 cm squares and allow to cool completely. Sprinkle pistachio nuts if desired.
8.Break into pieces along marking lines.
Note: this coconut delight will keep for 15 days refrigerated