2023 Harvard Interfaith Meal-Packaging Service Project
It’s that time of the year where we join forces with the Harvard Chaplains and End Hunger New England (part of The Outreach Program) to work side by side with religious and non-religious communities to pack thousands of meal boxes for the Interfaith Meal-Packaging Service Project! This is a campus and community service event for all family members, so to families with younger children, this is a great way to show your kids how to give back to your community.
This year, we will be packing 35,000 nutritious meals total for local organizations who help Massachusetts households who struggle to provide food for their families. Our fundraising goal is $12,250 (35 cents per meal) to make this event a success. We need your help hitting this goal! Thank you for your generosity — and we look forward to seeing you there!
WHEN AND WHERE
- Date: Sunday, December 3, 2023
- Time: 11:00 am–7:00 pm
- Location: 59 Shepard Street, Cambridge, MA 02138 (Student Organization Center at Hilles at Harvard)
It is a Sunday so street parking is free, and Harvard Square is the closest T stop.
- Map: https://goo.gl/maps/ouRifTcqKuJWkaTt6
INFO AND SIGN UP
- Google form sign-up: https://tinyurl.com/harvard-meal-packing-2023
- Donation progress will be updated on the form
HOW TO GIVE
- ONLINE at endhungerne.org. In Notes section, please indicate: “Harvard 12-3-23” (checks/Facebook/Venmo have no fees, PayPal charges a 2% fee)
- BY MAIL: Send checks to 93 Whiffletree Lane, Marshfield MA 02050 (checks payable to “The Outreach Program”), noting “Harvard 12-3-23” in the memo section.
Note: You don’t have to donate to participate! Your time is valuable. And if you can’t make it, your presence will be felt by donating and spreading the word.
Daryush Mehta, Zoroastrian Chaplain at Harvard
On behalf of the Harvard Chaplains