4 November, 2013
Mava Kalakand Halvo (from cookbook)
Posted in : Cookbooks, Dessert, E-Cookbook, Indian, Mava or Mawa, Milk, Recipes on by : Rita
- Whole milk 3.5 ltr
- Sugar as per your taste
- Green cardamom powder
- Pistachio for garnishing
- Put a heavy bottom pan on medium heat and put 2 ltr milk .
- Cook it till it become thick consistency like Rabdi.
- Meanwhile heat the leftover milk and make chena by adding vinegar/lemon.
- Strain it in a muslin cloth and run through water to remove the sourness. Press it nicely so all the water comes out from the chenna. Texture should be like crumbles.
- Now add this crumbled chena to the reduced milk add cardamom powder and cook it on medium flame. Keep stirring to prevent it from burning. When it turns thick like khoya/mawa turn off the heat.
- Keep it stirring with light hand. Add sugar as per your taste and and mix it nicely. Constant stirring helps it in becoming thick .
- Now put it in a greased plate .
- Let it cool.
- Cut in squares and garnish it with pistachios.